September 2021 Return Information
As we return on Tuesday 7th September, we will be coming back as close to ‘normal’ as we were before the pandemic as we can but we will be keeping a few things that we fell have improved the school day. This is what we plan to do if all Government guidance remains as it is and is subject to change.
- The one-way system will remain in place – the video is on the website here https://www.st-giles.org.uk/school-management/covid-19
- Staggered times will stop but you will have a ‘open’ drop off and pick up time to avoid too many people on the school site and reduce the amount of traffic outside school.
- Doors and registration for all classes, Reception to Class 6, will be open from 8.40am – 8.55am. Lessons will start at 9.00am
- The end of the school will be from 3.10pm to 3.20pm.
- Breakfast club will be still open from 7.50am.
- We ask you again to not turn up to school too early as we want to minimise the times you are on school grounds.
- Class dojo is the best way to contact your class teacher. Please make sure you’re signed up.
- We will remain paperless and cash free as we were before the pandemic. The weekly newsletter will be available on our school website, class dojo, Facebook and twitter. You do not need to be signed up to Facebook or Twitter to view our posts – just search for us.
- On their PE days children will come in their PE kit – A red t-shirt with the St Giles logo and black bottoms.
- Full warm lunches will return, and all children will dine in the hall again.